SBOTOP

bet365 - Best Live Odds on All Asian Handicaps. - SIGN UP NOW!

M88.com

Main Menu | Preferences | Search | Register | Log In

Registered Forum Members: 270906 and growing!

'I smell oil every day': Buangkok residents complain of foul - AsianBookie.Com Forums

Gossip Corner 
 Main Menu > Gossip Corner > 'I smell oil every day': Buangkok residents complain of foul

» CHAT Now! « [ 95 Chatters Online ]
Search | Register | Log In
 ( Page 1 )  Go to Last Post    
Posted By Topic: 'I smell oil every day': Buangkok residents complain of foul       - Views: 126
LONGSTER
14-Apr 2024 Sunday 3:24 PM (18 days ago)               #1
*Platinum Member*

Centennial Member

Liked By: 61223
Followers: 3

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

'I smell oil every day': Buangkok residents complain of foul air from 8 exhaust pipes on rooftop of neighbouring mall

AsianBookie Tipsters Championship
Member of Team:
BIG GUY's team
(Est. Jun 2021)

Team Ranked: #3 - Team Score (Top 50 Members): AB$ 83,545,000 Total Members: 1291

LONGSTER
14-Apr 2024 Sunday 3:25 PM (18 days ago)            #2
*Platinum Member*

Centennial Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

PHOTO: Shin Min Daily News
Buangkok resident Sun said the smell of fumes from the exhaust pipes opposite her block is unbearable.
Residents in a Buangkok HDB block have been left fuming following the installation of exhaust pipes on the rooftop of a neighbouring mall.

One resident surnamed Sun complained about the smell of oil and smoke emanating from the exhaust pipes which are visible from her flat window.

The 44-year-old who lives at Block 999B Buangkok Crescent told Shin Min Daily News that her home faces Buangkok Square shopping mall.

She purchased the high-rise unit early last year, and claimed that there was no such smell when renovations were ongoing then.

The eight exhaust pipes on the mall's rooftop were install to get rid of the fumes from the F&B establishments inside the mall.

"Every time I open the window there's an oil smell. It forces me to shut the windows or open them slightly."

Sun installed an air purifier in her home, and has placed several fragrance bags around the house to combat the smell.

She has also made complaints through the OneService app, but was told that the installation of the exhaust pipes comply with regulations as they did not directly face her flat.

"I spent about $600,000 buying this unit, hoping to get a breath of fresh air. But I work from home and I smell oil every day, which is ridiculous," the woman lamented, adding that the stench gets worse when there's no wind.

Sun said she would consider moving if the situation doesn't improve.

Another resident surnamed Huang, who stays on the 10th floor in the same block told Shin Min he's been complaining about the smell since 2020.

Although the authorities have tried to mitigate the situation, the 36-year-old feels that their efforts are not enough.

"Previous, the two large exhaust pipes were uncovered and we could smell the oil every day. Since then, they've added covers.

"Although the exhaust pipes face downwards, the situation hasn't improved and the smell of smoke and oil is still very pungent," said Huang.

Another resident also surnamed Huang said the smell isn't the only problem.

"They are very noisy, especially when I live on the same level opposite [the pipes]. I realised that many exhaust pipes in shopping malls are built in the basement. Why are the ones here installed on the rooftop?"

Exhaust pipes comply with regulations: HDB

In response to Shin Min's queries, a spokesperson from the Housing Development Board (HDB) said that the exhaust pipes comply with regulations.

The spokesperson said that authorities had studied the site before installing the exhaust pipes and did not find any issues.

"To mitigate any odour which might seep into residents' homes, the exhaust pipes on the rooftop of Buangkok Square were originally designed to face Buangkok Crescent with a four-lane road separating it from Block 999B.

"Buangkok Square is 60m away from the HDB flat which exceeds the minimum requirement of 20m," said the spokesperson.

The National Environment Agency told Shin Min that their inspections show no excessive odour emitting from the exhaust pipes. They added that their air purification systems are also in working condition.

The F&B operators also regularly hire contractors to carry out regular maintenance works on the exhaust pipes.

READ ALSO: Chinatown resident 'protests' against cooking fumes from nearby restaurant

[email protected]

Member of Team:
BIG GUY's team
(Est. Jun 2021)

Team Ranked: #3 - Team Score (Top 50 Members): AB$ 83,545,000 Total Members: 1291
hanman0072002
14-Apr 2024 Sunday 3:38 PM (18 days ago)            #3
*Diamond Member*

Liked By: 36664
Followers: 14

Tipsters
Championship:
AB$: -924,687.50
Ranked:

Nothing worse than living at fernvale lane opposite temple and in front of 10 lane cross junction with big lorries horning race cars vrooming loud cracking noisrs and motorbikes with loud engines. 24 hr noisr pollution and smoke burning from the temple all year round.
Shit place is like that one. Hdb is very bad..

“CHANCE IS ALWAYS POWERFUL. LET YOUR HOOK ALWAYS BE CAST; IN THE POOL WHERE YOU LEAST EXPECT IT, THERE WILL BE A FISH.”

Member of Team:
BIG GUY's team
(Est. Jun 2021)

seelangui
15-Apr 2024 Monday 9:43 AM (17 days ago)            #4
*Diamond Member*

Liked By: 58591
Followers: 32

Tipsters
Championship:
AB$: -507,187.50
Ranked:

quote originally posted by hanman0072002:
Nothing worse than living at fernvale lane opposite temple and in front of 10 lane cross junction with big lorries horning race cars vrooming loud cracking noisrs and motorbikes with loud engines. 24 hr noisr pollution and smoke burning from the temple all year round.
Shit place is like that one. Hdb is very bad..

Got loud happy noises also😂

see what you want to see believe all you see
My current Mission is keep wining until S_P 斗/close shop
use main & sub method unit 1 unit= $20:
Use main bet as base the rest side bet to add on to max win or more Name it Eye jackpot system 南神眼

betting records at
http://forums.asianbookie.com/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=45&Topic=2112557

Member of Team:
東方不敗
(Est. Nov 2013)

Total Members: 17
LONGSTER
15-Apr 2024 Monday 10:09 AM (17 days ago)            #5
*Platinum Member*

Centennial Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

quote originally posted by seelangui:

Riding noise?

Stay near mall property prices high

Member of Team:
BIG GUY's team
(Est. Jun 2021)

LONGSTER
15-Apr 2024 Monday 10:10 AM (17 days ago)            #6
*Platinum Member*

Centennial Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

Member of Team:
BIG GUY's team
(Est. Jun 2021)

seelangui
15-Apr 2024 Monday 10:15 AM (17 days ago)            #7
*Diamond Member*

Liked By: 58591
Followers: 32

Tipsters
Championship:
AB$: -507,187.50
Ranked:

quote originally posted by LONGSTER:

Riding noise?

Stay near mall property prices high

😂Happy noises got also

see what you want to see believe all you see
My current Mission is keep wining until S_P 斗/close shop
use main & sub method unit 1 unit= $20:
Use main bet as base the rest side bet to add on to max win or more Name it Eye jackpot system 南神眼

betting records at
http://forums.asianbookie.com/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=45&Topic=2112557

Member of Team:
東方不敗
(Est. Nov 2013)

Total Members: 17
LONGSTER
15-Apr 2024 Monday 10:15 AM (17 days ago)            #8
*Platinum Member*

Centennial Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

😂Happy noises got also

This message was edited by LONGSTER on 15-Apr-2024 at 10:15 AM

Member of Team:
BIG GUY's team
(Est. Jun 2021)

Taurus05
15-Apr 2024 Monday 10:49 AM (17 days ago)            #9
Master Member

Liked By: 3246
Followers: 2

Tipsters
Championship:
AB$: 124,375
Ranked:

Someone in buangkok told me there are lots of small fibres when he sweep the floor everyday. This is even worst when added with the oil. nea need to do something about long term health.

LONGSTER
15-Apr 2024 Monday 11:14 AM (17 days ago)            #10
*Platinum Member*

Centennial Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

Buangkok all along is got burning gas pollution mah always got burning chemical smell one

Member of Team:
BIG GUY's team
(Est. Jun 2021)

[Go Back to Top]
 Main Menu > Gossip Corner > 'I smell oil every day': Buangkok residents complain of foul

Change Timezone:   

7. H_M ms

AsianBookie.com Forums Home | Back to AsianBookie.com

© Copyright 1998-2024 AsianBookie.Com - All rights reserved.
Advertise Feedback WAP Privacy Policy Terms of Service