Link alternatif AsianBookie.com: | asianbookie6.com |  asianbookie.uk | (Bookmark CTRL+D)

SBOTOP

bet365 - Best Live Odds on All Asian Handicaps. - SIGN UP NOW!

M88.com

Main Menu | Preferences | Search | Register | Log In

Registered Forum Members: 270839 and growing!

AB tipsters email notifications - AsianBookie.Com Forums

Tipsters Cup Forum 
 Main Menu > Tipsters Cup Forum > AB tipsters email notifications

» CHAT Now! « [ 93 Chatters Online ]
Search | Register | Log In
 ( Page 1 2 )  Go to Last Post    
Posted By Topic: AB tipsters email notifications       - Views: 410
Jas7
06-Jun 2021 Sunday 2:06 PM (1048 days ago)
Pratadest Is Home  1 Likes  
Veteran Member

Liked By: 139

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

Hi there

I don't understand why is there a rule that if we follow a tipster on AB competition, I will only receive email notification only if he is in the Top 500 or Top 10 of each league.

Why do admin set a rule like this? Why can't we just receive all tips notifications via email, irregardless if the tipster is in top 500 or not.

Pratadest Is Home  1 Likes  

SIFEILOW
06-Jun 2021 Sunday 10:06 PM (1047 days ago)            #2
Administrator

Centennial Member

AsianBookie Tipster

Liked By: 50644
Followers: 87

Tipsters
Championship:
AB$: 157,812.50
Ranked:

quote originally posted by Jas7:
Hi there

I don't understand why is there a rule that if we follow a tipster on AB competition, I will only receive email notification only if he is in the Top 500 or Top 10 of each league.

Why do admin set a rule like this? Why can't we just receive all tips notifications via email, irregardless if the tipster is in top 500 or not.

For this particular issue, there are 2 ways to consider with, does that tipster wish his followers to know whats his bet in tc ?
As you said as a followers you wish to know whats his bet no matter what condition he is, but you must think of, your tipster does not wish to...

Anyway, good point of you to bring this out, suggestion :
Let the tipster to choose - whether his followers to be notified or no.

@AsianBookie not sure is this workable, kindly adv, thanks.

SFL

AsianBookie Tipsters Championship
Member of Team:
★★★ABC™★★★
(Est. Aug 2006)

Team Ranked: #5 - Team Score (Top 50 Members): AB$ 52,715,625 Total Members: 669
Jas7
06-Jun 2021 Sunday 11:08 PM (1047 days ago)            #3
Veteran Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

quote originally posted by SIFEILOW:

For this particular issue, there are 2 ways to consider with, does that tipster wish his followers to know whats his bet in tc ?
As you said as a followers you wish to know whats his bet no matter what condition he is, but you must think of, your tipster does not wish to...
Anyway, good point of you to bring this out, suggestion :
Let the tipster to choose - whether his followers to be notified or no.
 @AsianBookie not sure is this workable, kindly adv, thanks.

Hi Sifeilow,

I have different opinion than yours. It is not whether my tipster wish to share his tips with his followers or not, that should be decided by you and the organisation of AB, not the tipster. If the tipster doesn't wish to share notifications of his picks, then he should find another platform to place his bets.

I would say we should never give the option for the tipster to decide. The competition is free after all. Everyone should have access to every tipsters picks.

All I'm saying is, if I decide to follow a particular tipster, I should be able to get email notifications of his picks in TC no matter what his position is. Below 500 or above 500.

Hope AB will be able to accept my feedback and make it workable.

Thanks

AsianBookie
06-Jun 2021 Sunday 11:33 PM (1047 days ago)            #4
Administrator

Liked By: 4683

Tipsters
Championship:
AB$: 985,625
Ranked:
Pending

If the tipster is outside of Top 500 then it is likely he isnt doing very well and there are better tipsters to follow. We made this change due to the number of emails being sent out and we were getting flagged as spam email by receipients even though they did indeed follow that tipster. 

SIFEILOW  1 Likes  
SIFEILOW
07-Jun 2021 Monday 12:06 AM (1047 days ago)            #5
Administrator

Centennial Member

AsianBookie Tipster

Liked By: 50644
Followers: 87

Tipsters
Championship:
AB$: 157,812.50
Ranked:

quote originally posted by AsianBookie:
If the tipster is outside of Top 500 then it is likely he isnt doing very well and there are better tipsters to follow. We made this change due to the number of emails being sent out and we were getting flagged as spam email by receipients even though they did indeed follow that tipster. 

There is a function in Preferences, if you do not wish to receive any email from AB, please turn it to NO will do.

This message was edited by SIFEILOW on 07-Jun-2021 at 12:18 AM

SFL

Member of Team:
★★★ABC™★★★
(Est. Aug 2006)

Team Ranked: #5 - Team Score (Top 50 Members): AB$ 52,715,625 Total Members: 669
Jas7
07-Jun 2021 Monday 1:48 AM (1047 days ago)            #6
Veteran Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

Alright got it. Personally when I tail a tipster, it don't matter if the tipster is below 500. Every tipster has bad and good streaks. Just because a tipster is having a bad streak doesn't mean we can't follow even if he is below 500. When Liverpool was 3-0 down at half time in the champions league final against Milan, they were down but they were not out. They came back to win it. Tipsters who are below 500 can also make a comeback. How do you think I would feel if I tailed a tipster when he was top 500, only for him to go on a losing streak, then I have no choice cos I can't receive his picks notification when he's below 500. Then suddenly he goes on a 10 game winning streak lol I think it will only be fair to allow email notifications for tipsters picks for all rankings.

Cheers

Jas7
07-Jun 2021 Monday 1:55 AM (1047 days ago)            #7
Veteran Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

I have another question if you don't mind, let's say for example I start following the number one tipster who just recently won the competition, I think his username was don't oggle my butt. Now the next competition will be Euro championship. Let's say he post his picks one day before the start of the euro championship, will I receive notification? I don't think so right? Because in your system, I will only receive the email notification if he is a top 500 tipster. Now let's say he wins his first 3 big bets on the first day, that means I was not able to view any of the picks? If that's the case then I think changes should be made in the TC notification system. As long as I'm following a tipster, I should get an email notification even before the competition has started.

AsianBookie
07-Jun 2021 Monday 11:40 PM (1046 days ago)            #8
Administrator

Tipsters
Championship:
Ranked:
Pending

I have another question if you don't mind, let's say for example I start following the number one tipster who just recently won the competition, I think his username was don't oggle my butt. Now the next competition will be Euro championship. Let's say he post his picks one day before the start of the euro championship, will I receive notification? I don't think so right? Because in your system, I will only receive the email notification if he is a top 500 tipster. Now let's say he wins his first 3 big bets on the first day, that means I was not able to view any of the picks? If that's the case then I think changes should be made in the TC notification system. As long as I'm following a tipster, I should get an email notification even before the competition has started.

You are right, this system needs imrpovement. Ideally we can make it all notifications regardless of ranking to be received, and do away with the sending out of emails to solve the problem. Would this work for you?

Jas7
08-Jun 2021 Tuesday 2:31 PM (1046 days ago)            #9
Veteran Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

You are right, this system needs imrpovement. Ideally we can make it all notifications regardless of ranking to be received, and do away with the sending out of emails to solve the problem. Would this work for you?

Hi AB

Thank you for your reply. Yes it will be perfect if you can make it all notifications regardless of ranking. But in my opinion sending email notification is important. Because if we are serious about following a tipster, the email notification will really help. We can immediately see what are their picks. If the notifications are only on AB platform, we may miss some of the picks or the odds may have already dropped. All of us generally have notifications set on for our emails on our mobile phone.

Doing away with the top 500 ranking is vital. As I mentioned in my example, I would like to receive every tip when the tipster submits his picks on AB cup. This is also includes before the competition has started on the first day. With the top 500 ranking removed, basically we will receive email notification on tips by the member.

When do you think you'll be able to successfully implement this new settings?

wembly
08-Jun 2021 Tuesday 3:24 PM (1046 days ago)            #10
*Platinum Member*

Tri-Centennial Member

AsianBookie Tipster

Liked By: 127826
Followers: 127

Tipsters
Championship:
AB$: 1,052,812.50
Ranked:

Hi AB

Thank you for your reply. Yes it will be perfect if you can make it all notifications regardless of ranking. But in my opinion sending email notification is important. Because if we are serious about following a tipster, the email notification will really help. We can immediately see what are their picks. If the notifications are only on AB platform, we may miss some of the picks or the odds may have already dropped. All of us generally have notifications set on for our emails on our mobile phone.

Doing away with the top 500 ranking is vital. As I mentioned in my example, I would like to receive every tip when the tipster submits his picks on AB cup. This is also includes before the competition has started on the first day. With the top 500 ranking removed, basically we will receive email notification on tips by the member.

When do you think you'll be able to successfully implement this new settings?

You only follow his big bets?
I suppose most will attach greater significance to their followed tipsters' big bets.

If so, to allay the 'spamming issues', perhaps email notifications need only be sent for the big bets and the normal bets be notified via the alert mechanism here (or given that option to have this choice so as to reduce the emails volume).

I definitely agree with you that notifications on bets placed should be receivable on day zero itself before tipsters are even ranked 

This message was edited by wembly on 08-Jun-2021 at 3:31 PM

Member of Team:
BNW
(Est. May 2019)

Team Ranked: #1 - Team Score (Top 50 Members): AB$ 93,590,625 Total Members: 1472
Jas7
08-Jun 2021 Tuesday 4:00 PM (1046 days ago)            #11
Veteran Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

quote originally posted by wembly:

You only follow his big bets?
I suppose most will attach greater significance to their followed tipsters' big bets.
If so, to allay the 'spamming issues', perhaps email notifications need only be sent for the big bets and the normal bets be notified via the alert mechanism here (or given that option to have this choice so as to reduce the emails volume).
I definitely agree with you that notifications on bets placed should be receivable on day zero itself before tipsters are even ranked 

This message was edited by wembly on 08-Jun-2021 at 3:31 PM

Brilliant idea wembly. Yes I wasn't detailed enough, big bets is what I'm looking at. If we can receive email notifications on tipsters big bets only, that will be awesome. Like you said, perhaps for the normal bets, notifications can be sent via the alert mechanism on AB website itself (honestly I don't care much for the normal bets). It won't make sense to get notifications on all bets, also I'm guessing not all tipsters post their picks at one go. We will be receiving too many emails.

Some of the big bets statistics in tipsters cup is simply remarkable. I've seen many with 70-80% success rate.

wembly
08-Jun 2021 Tuesday 4:07 PM (1046 days ago)            #12
*Platinum Member*

Tri-Centennial Member

AsianBookie Tipster

Tipsters
Championship:
Ranked:

Brilliant idea wembly. Yes I wasn't detailed enough, big bets is what I'm looking at. If we can receive email notifications on tipsters big bets only, that will be awesome. Like you said, perhaps for the normal bets, notifications can be sent via the alert mechanism on AB website itself (honestly I don't care much for the normal bets). It won't make sense to get notifications on all bets, also I'm guessing not all tipsters post their picks at one go. We will be receiving too many emails.

Some of the big bets statistics in tipsters cup is simply remarkable. I've seen many with 70-80% success rate.

Your reply gives me an idea that perhaps followers should even be given the option if they want to be notified for  just the big bets or for all bets.

@AsianBookie , fyi please.

Member of Team:
BNW
(Est. May 2019)

Team Ranked: #1 - Team Score (Top 50 Members): AB$ 93,590,625 Total Members: 1472
Jas7
08-Jun 2021 Tuesday 6:47 PM (1045 days ago)            #13
Veteran Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

Your reply gives me an idea that perhaps followers should even be given the option if they want to be notified for  just the big bets or for all bets.
@AsianBookie , fyi please.

Yup but then again I'm not sure how much of work is it for the admin to come up with a system that will allow the flexibility of us to select if we only want notifications on big or all bets including normal bets. If there is system limitation, I would say best to go with big bets only. I think everyone here will agree that they will prefer receiving big bets notifications compared to normal bets.

It will be fantastic if admin of AB is able to introduce this new system before the start of Euro 2021

Cheers

wembly  1 Likes  
AsianBookie
08-Jun 2021 Tuesday 11:03 PM (1045 days ago)            #14
Administrator

Tipsters
Championship:
Ranked:
Pending

Great suggestions all but some are difficult to implement.

We've now changed from [Top 500 / Top10 of each league] to AB$ balance greater than AB$500k - so this should enable cross season notifications. 

Being that everyone starts at AB$1m, if the tipster drops below AB$500k, then you wouldnt receive his notification until he goes back above AB$500k. I think its a good balance. You wouldnt want to follow that tipster and keep losing anyway. - If you really need to "follow to the death" (not encouraged), then you should do it manually by refreshing his profile every 30 minutes or something. 

This message was edited by AsianBookie on 08-Jun-2021 at 11:07 PM

Jas7
08-Jun 2021 Tuesday 11:48 PM (1045 days ago)            #15
Veteran Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

We've now changed from [Top 500 / Top10 of each league] to AB$ balance greater than AB$500k - so this should enable cross season notifications. 
Being that everyone starts at AB$1m, if the tipster drops below AB$500k, then you wouldnt receive his notification until he goes back above AB$500k. I think its a good balance. You wouldnt want to follow that tipster and keep losing anyway. - If you really need to "follow to the death" (not encouraged), then you should do it manually by refreshing his profile every 30 minutes or something. 
This message was edited by AsianBookie on 08-Jun-2021 at 11:07 PM

Thank you for implementing this new change Mr.AB, much appreciated. Does this mean we will get notifications before the tournament begins? Example the new tournament begins on 11th June and if example a tipster I have subscribed to post his picks on 10th June, will I receive email notifications??

Thanks again

AsianBookie
08-Jun 2021 Tuesday 11:51 PM (1045 days ago)            #16
Administrator

Tipsters
Championship:
Ranked:
Pending

Thank you for implementing this new change Mr.AB, much appreciated. Does this mean we will get notifications before the tournament begins? Example the new tournament begins on 11th June and if example a tipster I have subscribed to post his picks on 10th June, will I receive email notifications??

Thanks again

yes

wembly
09-Jun 2021 Wednesday 12:00 AM (1045 days ago)            #17
*Platinum Member*

Tri-Centennial Member

AsianBookie Tipster

Tipsters
Championship:
Ranked:

Being that everyone starts at AB$1m, if the tipster drops below AB$500k, then you wouldnt receive his notification until he goes back above AB$500k. I think its a good balance. You wouldnt want to follow that tipster and keep losing anyway. - If you really need to "follow to the death" (not encouraged), then you should do it manually by refreshing his profile every 30 minutes or something.  This message was edited by AsianBookie on 08-Jun-2021 at 11:07 PM

I don't think so, Mr AB.
There's a rock medal in play too.
Many here have shown consistency too while chasing that.
You may like to implement a notification system for following the bottom 100 or something like that 

Member of Team:
BNW
(Est. May 2019)

AsianBookie
09-Jun 2021 Wednesday 4:15 AM (1045 days ago)            #18
Administrator

Tipsters
Championship:
Ranked:
Pending

I don't think so, Mr AB.
There's a rock medal in play too.
Many here have shown consistency too while chasing that.
You may like to implement a notification system for following the bottom 100 or something like that 

you are right, enabled for bottom 10 tipster notification as well (if you are following)

wembly  1 Likes  
wembly
09-Jun 2021 Wednesday 4:16 AM (1045 days ago)            #19
*Platinum Member*

Tri-Centennial Member

AsianBookie Tipster

Tipsters
Championship:
Ranked:

you are right, enabled for bottom 10 tipster notification as well (if you are following)

Thanks

Member of Team:
BNW
(Est. May 2019)

Jas7
14-Jul 2021 Wednesday 2:16 AM (1010 days ago)            #20
Veteran Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

Thanks BOSS AB for enabling notifications on all tipsters regardless if top 500 or not. It was a fun Euro / copa america. I even followed some tipsters who were bottom 100 and received all email notifications. Hope AB will continue with this.

Cheers

Jas7
14-Jul 2021 Wednesday 2:49 AM (1010 days ago)            #21
Veteran Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

Also AB you can remove the words "only if he is in the Top 500 or top 10 of each league" as we now receive notifications of all the picks. Thanks

This message was edited by Jas7 on 14-Jul-2021 at 2:49 AM

This message was edited by Jas7 on 14-Jul-2021 at 2:51 AM

[Go Back to Top]
 Main Menu > Tipsters Cup Forum > AB tipsters email notifications

Change Timezone:   

9. H_M ms

AsianBookie.com Forums Home | Back to AsianBookie.com

© Copyright 1998-2024 AsianBookie.Com - All rights reserved.
Advertise Feedback WAP Privacy Policy Terms of Service